My Goals For the Next 10 Minutes

eleonoires

Everything is changing in my life and I am learning that this is okay. All I have to do to stay in control is to set some goals and allow them to navigate the changes toward something I really want. The problem is, though, that I set myself new goals approximately every 10 minutes. Not because I've met my previous goals - oh no - but because I'm suddenly a new person with new goals and new ideas about the kind of aesthetic and image I want to exude.

So, dearest reader, here are the goals I am currently working towards. Here's who I want to be right now.

(Click the "read more" link under the caption)



1) PARIS

My ultimate goal - which I'm hoping isn't going to change otherwise I really am in trouble - is to go to university in Paris. I'm in Year 13 at the moment (studying French, Politics and Psychology - thank you for asking) and I have an interview for the University of London Institute in Paris in less than a week. If all goes to plan, I am moving to France, aged 18, in less than 10 months. Squeeeee!!!

I mean, yes, my life is going to be an absolute dream come true and I fully expect every single day to be filled with pain au chocolat and french boys in my apartment - both of which I am immensely excited about. Getting to this point, however, is going to be difficult. In essence, the plan is to work as hard as I can to ensure that I pass my exams and that I am considered to be a very successful human. Pray for me.


2) WRITING

As I said in my last blog post, writing is something that I believe to be very important. A large part of this belief stems from the fact that if I don't write down everything I think about, I start to collect too many thoughts and things get a little tricky.
A smaller part of this belief is that I very much enjoy the idea of being a writer and being surrounded by cool, interesting people who smoke pipes and grow beards. So in order for me to find these people, it stands to reason that I am going to have to write for public entertainment at least once a year. This is what I am doing now.


3) CROSSWORDS

I know our writer-reader relationship is still very much still in its early days but I would be surprised if you hadn't, by this point, realised that I spend 99% of my time thinking about my aesthetic. I am pretentious, I'll admit. I think this point is further emphasised by the fact that you do have to be at least semi-egotistical to want to write a blog and broadcast yourself to the world. I've been blogging since I was 12; that's all I'm saying.
I digress. Crosswords! I want to be the kind of gal who does crossword! Well, I want to be an intellectual. Therefore, I'm watching shows like QI and I'm attempting The Guardian's "Quick Crossword" every day. Admittedly, no one is worse at crosswords than I am. They give me a headache. Nevertheless, I'm determined to keep at it because, as an intellectual, I understand that persistence is key.


We all know that these goals will have changed before I even get around to posting this but still, this has been fun, hasn't it? Why don't you tell me about your goals in the comments?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Places I want to go | Japan

The Future of Our Planet Lies in Your Hands | How you can save the world

Why I'll Never Bullet Journal