Morning Routine | Three Things I do Every Morning

eleonoires.blogspot.co.uk
I love a good morning routine. Apparently, some of the most successful people in the world have a daily routine that they hold sacred. Perhaps this is why I love reading about what others do to wake themselves up so that I can learn from them and incorporate their ideas into my own patterns.

Despite this, I'm a creature of habit and I like doing the same few things frequently because I know that it works for me. I know that it wakes me up and puts me in a good place for the rest of the day - which is, of course, something that everyone needs in the morning.

My morning routine, admittedly, various a little from day to day, depending on where I am and what my plans are, but there are three things that I always make sure I do. Here they are:



1) Have a Hot Drink

99% of the time, my morning hot drink is a mug of green tea. I like the taste, I like that it doesn't contain caffeine and I just like to have something that warms me up and puts me in a good mood. The only reason why I wouldn't have a green tea - that is, 1% of the time - is because we've run out. And so I'll have an Earl Grey. I'm definitely not a coffee kinda gal and I'm definitely not an English Breakfast person. No thank you. Green tea or, if need be, an Earl Grey is just the perfect start to my day.

2) Stretch

I have incredibly stiff, tense muscles - especially in my legs. I can barely touch the floor with my fingertips without both my thighs tearing into two. But I'm working on it. Every morning. I have a quick stretch to wake myself and then I carry on with my day. It feels good and it loosens me up for my day. Everyone should stretch in the morning. Trust me.

3) Tell Myself it's Going to be a Good Day

My brain has a natural pessimistic tone to it. It takes a lot of work for me to honestly believe that things are going to be okay and that my life isn't terrible. But who knew that this little trick is actually pretty nifty. Before I get out of bed, or, if I forget, before I leave the house, I take a minute to tell myself that "today is going to be a good day because.." and then I make a short list of some things that I have to look forward to that day. So, instead of dreading the day ahead, I begin my morning by putting a positive twist on the fact that I've been forced to leave my bed. I do it every single day - especially on days where I know I'm going to have to do something that I'm not looking forward to. Letting some positive thoughts trickle in early on in the day gives you the motivation to kick ass.


Are there any things that you like to do in the morning to set yourself up for a good day? Tell me about them.
E x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Future of Our Planet Lies in Your Hands | How you can save the world

Places I want to go | Japan

Why I'll Never Bullet Journal