Netflix | My favourite shows



I have procrastinated on writing this post so much that it's almost funny. Like, I'd rather write my politics essay than do this. But, I promised myself that I would write a post every week for the whole year, so here I am.

Anyway, today, I wanted to share my favourite shows on Netflix at the moment. As I seem to be going through a bit of a phase, all the shows/films I'm going to share today seem to be linked to health (physical or
spiritual) or some kind of self-help. Whether that's your kind of thing or not, you might find a couple of things to watch that you may not have chosen before.



HAPPY:

I watched this little documentary for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I think about it all the time. It's only 1hr15 minutes but it's all about how happiness can be achieved and how different people achieve happiness around the world, despite their circumstances. It's quite anti-capitalism - which I love - and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's interested in minimalism, travel or self-help.

TERRA:

This is a French documentary all about humans' relationship to the planet over the course of our existence. As an absolute francophile, I adored this. I'm not even ashamed to admit that the first scene had me in tears because it was so beautiful - the animals, the cinematography, the poetic french - it's incredible. Even if French/foreign films aren't for you, you really do stop noticing the language barrier after about 10 minutes and so I would urge you to not let that put you off. This really is a beautifully produced documentary that'll make you think. Please, if you watch nothing else, just watch the first 10 minutes!


TONY ROBBINS : I AM NOT YOUR GURU:

Here is yet another documentary that made me cry. Again, within the first 10 minutes or so. This is the perfect documentary for anyone who is stuck in a rut and just needs someone to tell them to get off their ass and change their life. Tony Robbins is pretty damn great and this documentary is well worth watching if you're into self-help.

LIVING ON ONE DOLLAR:

This is a great little documentary about a group of guys who decide to move to Asia and spend one month living on about one dollar per day. It's amazing to see what it's really like living in poverty and how the people these guys are surrounded by form these beautiful friendships with them. Definitely another good documentary for anyone interested in minimalism and different cultures.

MINIMALISM: A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE IMPORTANT THINGS:

I'm sure every person who has ever been interested in minimalism has seen these documentary by now but I just had to put it out there. This is a documentary about two guys who've written a book about minimalism and it's about our relationship with capitalism in the western world and how it affects us. If you're not already on board with a minimalist lifestyle, this film will get you thinking!


So, these are all films that I've watched over the last six months or so and I'm always looking out for similar items to watch. If you know of anything similar or if you have any recommendations, please let me know what I should watch next!

Enjoy,
E x

Comments

  1. Hey beautiful! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award. :) <3 Here's the link: thelifeofsalina.com/mysterybloggeraward/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I'll try to respond to any questions as soon as I can!

Popular posts from this blog

The Future of Our Planet Lies in Your Hands | How you can save the world

Places I want to go | Japan

Why I'll Never Bullet Journal